This afternoon, Police have found a sighting an unidentified persons legs sticking out of the water in swamp Jeffery’s. They are wearing denim blues jeans and tacky old boots. No one knows where the other half has been laid. The killer is yet to be found and weirdly enough fruits and vegetables are floating in the water. No one has seen anything yet. People think there has been a fight. Everyone has been staying clear of the swamp. But this isn’t the first time this has happened. The last time it did more than one innocent life was taken.
She’s beautiful and I’ve been in her life since 2006. She’s got long brown wavy hair, and blue eyes. She’s loving and 3 other children are in her life. She’s always filled with joy and is happy to help. She’s constantly working 5 days a week, but she’s still got time for others. She’s caring and kind. And has had someone else in her life since 2003. She is really nice and filling joy to people. She is 38 years old and works at a Gym and manages it. She works really hard and sometimes gets overwhelmed.
At the Charter house, in the Great chamber Stephen Gray built a wooden frame. And from the top of the beam he suspended two swings using silk rope. He created electricity. He created another machine called the Hauksbee which created static electricity. With a large audience in attendance, he got one of the orphan boys who lived here at Charterhouse to lie across the two swings. Gray placed some gold leaf in front of him. He then generated electricity and charged the boy through a connecting rod. Gold leaf, even feathers, leapt to the boy’s fingers. Some of the audience claimed they could even see sparks flying out from his fingertips. Show business indeed. But to the curious and inquiring mind of Stephen Gray this said something else as well. Electricity could move from the machine to the boy’s body through to his hands. But the silk rope stopped it dead. It meant the mysterious electrical fluid could flow through some things but not through others. t led Gray to divide the world into two different kinds of substances. He called them ‘insulators’ and ‘conductors’. Insulators held electric charge within them and wouldn’t let it move, like the silk, or hair, glass and resin, whereas conductors allowed electricity to flow through them, like the boy or metals. It’s a distinction which is still crucial even today. Just think of these electric pylons. They work on the same principle that Gray deduced nearly 300 years ago. The wires are conductors. The glass and ceramic objects between the wire and the metal of the pylon are insulators that stop the electricity leaking from the wires into the pylon and down to the earth. They’re just like the silk ropes in Gray’s experiment. This observation is crucial even today. The power lines we have today work on the same system that Gray did his experiment did on almost 300 years ago.
What was his inspiration for the experiment?
How much energy did he use?
Why would he use this opportunity to get an audience?
I know understand about why they used power lines and how their important to our daily lives. You can also see the similarities between the insulators and conductors in power lines and in Gray’s experiment.
Jake walked down the lane and James was waiting next to the priest. Everyone from both families were looking up with cheerful faces. Fathers, Mothers, Brothers, Sisters, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, grandpas and grandmas all sitting down on the chairs looking up at both men. Both saying their vowels and the giving each other a kiss. James asked Jake what lies ahead in our future. Everyone standing up and cheering and laughing with joy. Finally Jake and James both got what they wanted. They’ve always heard people saying it’s not right for men to marry each other, but they did it.
Hi guys know I’ve got 14 different countries that have visited my blog on my original one i only allowed it to have 10 countries if you press it will show you all my countries the same with the other one. Thanks for visiting my blog.
‘’Alexia come on’’ Shouted Emily’s mum.
Alexia needed to follow the tracks it was the only way to find Emily. Rain was pouring, thunder was roaring and lightning screeching while the wind howled. Emily was my only friend, I needed her to keep me straight. I saw a little girl it was Emily’s sister, she said a giant shadow was on top of them and in a glimpse Emily was gone. I looked at the crime scene, there was blood in the shoe and massive footprints by the side. Emily’s Mum called and I told the news. As a beast …….
You know when you watch a horror show and it’s not scary that’s what is happening now. I want to make my own prank. The perfect place is the abandoned hostel. We walked in as the lights flickered and flashed as the lights suddenly went dark. We used our lights on our phones. We saw people in the dark rushing around. Speaking words it wasn’t clear, we went into a socializing room. And ghosts of patients showed up. And they were trying to say get out, run. Then a bed with chains was rolling around and would trap the next soul.
This is my reflection on describing characters in fiction. Using 5 main points, Physical, Intellectual, Emotional, Social and Philosophical. I’m using the Story my Forever Home by Gail. It was a story about a stray cat who’s trying to find his own place. As he does humans come and create something new. He finds a Family that cares for him and finds his home.
If you would like to read the story press this link and it will take you to a word document-My-Forever-Home-1v94wzi-qepez7
Physical– The character is a cat. I think he was a stray, probably weak and he described himself as scruffy, dirty and messed up. The physical attributes helps him with daily things. Because cats are good climbs it explains why he was so good at climbing up trees and buildings. He also was probably had good eyesight talking about how he could see the beautiful seaside. I think having this posture for him is very helpful and likes having these skills. You could picture his body type as weak but still bearable at first. After people started feeding him and caring, you would have thought he was healthy and fit. He said that people don’t want someone like him so maybe his hygiene comes into to play and also that he’s a feral animal.
Intellectual– He seems quite smart because he seems to be understanding everything that’s going on with his life and what things are called. He seems to understand others actions and what they’re doing. This character knows a lot about human life, and progress/development in our daily lives. He seemed to be using wow a lot and using a bit of slang. Sometimes how you talk and the way you do it tells your intelligence. He seemed to be a bit below the rest he still understood things but in a different way. The more things he knew about what the humans were doing it was easier for him to act the way he physical attributes could respond. The more new things that happen the more he understands.
Emotional– I think Sammie was very grateful for what he had and that the family took him in. He was very excitable and optimistic in all the situations. He’s like one of those average cats who likes people around him and likes having fun like climbing things. He wasn’t to over the top about things but he just stayed relaxed. He seems pretty happy with where he is in life. When faced with challenges in the story his feelings don’t change, he just stay’s calm.
Social– I think he enjoyed being social with the family and have someone to love him. He did like his own place but wasn’t annoyed by other people being around him. He doesn’t really choose his friends because his friends choose him which are the humans. Being social for him in this story affects where he lives. If he didn’t walk up to the people and be friendly they wouldn’t have given him a home or food.
Philosophical– I think Sammie believes that life is harsh and not everything goes the way you want it to. I think what he believes in is based on what he has experienced himself. Because he knows not everything goes your way he knows that you shouldn’t beg and let things happen. I think he thought at first that everything was going to be perfect all the time but after his experienced he knew that wasn’t the case.
I think I’m like this character I’m adventurous like my personal space sometimes, and I know that not everything goes my way. I think that my Mom and Grandma are like this to.
One morning I jumped in the water with my pod, all my family and friends were swimming out to get some breakfast. I slapped myself up on my rock and sat there watching my little brother he was just a seal pup. He splashed and swirled around in the water, as he just spinned around in circles. I was laughing hysterically. At that moment he was pulled into the depths of the water. I thought he was just playing a game, but after a few moments it wasn’t a game. I dived into the water as I saw a shadow.
- Fiction is all about the character: I think the main character in this story was Laurie. In the story it said this line- He abandoned corduroy overalls with bibs and began wearing blue jeans with a belt and a baseball cap. Laurie is misbehaved, doesn’t listen, rude, disrespectful. He also calls people names and swears. He doesn’t listen to rules and made up his own person, just for himself and his own purposes. His mother found out this weeks after all the incidents.
- Fiction is all about what the character wants: I think Laurie wants to feel good about himself because he’s always getting in trouble. I think Laurie made up Charles so he can blame all the things he did on someone else, and so he feels like a good kid.
- Fiction is all about how your character gets or does not get what he or she wants: Laurie is both successful and not. What Laurie wants doesn’t change what he wants throughout the story. Laurie succeeds by making up Charles and his parents believing him, and succeeds truly by seeing that and thinking that Charles is bad he thinks that he should be good. But he didn’t succeed because his Mom finds out all that trouble was caused by Laurie at the parent teacher interviews and that Laurie was lying. His obstacles that he has to encounter is his parents, teacher and at home.
- Fiction is all about how your character changes: Laurie changes when one day he comes home from school saying that ‘’ Charles’’ was acting good all the time. So that means that Laurie has changed his behaviour at school. Laurie at the start was very rude and physically violent. At the end he was very good and listened. I think that Laurie learned being bad doesn’t change the fact about what you’re doing and different attitudes can make an impact in different ways. THIS IS POSSIBLY THE MOST IMPORTANT FACT BECAUSE IT CONNECTS DIRECTLY TO THE THEME AND MESSAGE!!
- Fiction is all about a world an author creates: I think the created the book by making it relatable because a lot of people haven’t done such as bad as things but made mistakes. This world is very similar to ours but probably in another country and a little while back thinking about the clothes, teacher materials and the punishments they used in school times. Some of the places it had where school, home and the classroom. Some people where the parents, baby sister, teacher and students. A lot of things she included where things that we knew so we got a clear image. Some conflicts were Laurie asking another girl to swear and saying it himself and him lying and being violent. Some of the good things in this world were was Laurie had a kind mother and school tried to help him. Some bad things was that the teacher didn’t talk to Laurie’s mother earlier.
This is a world where everything is relatable because it’s all the same and nothing is different.