BTN- Coding School

BTN- Coding School

Key

Facts- Green

Blue- Questions

Red- understandings

An Aussie school has been making apps so people all round the world can play it.  Students from Aberfoyle Park High school, their schools even become the first in the country to be registered as a developer under its own name. They’ve created all using coding. Every twice a week they meet up at lunchtimes for a coding workshop. It’s been running for about three years know. Coding is using a combination of letters and blocks making a set of instructions on a digital object, that follows instructions. Coding is a bit hard to start off, but then it gets easier as you learn more. They code on tablets using a coding language called python and an app called pythonister. Python is a really easy to understand coding language and it allows them to use their iPads to create their own games. They need to work as a team to design entertaining and challenging games. And once they’re happy with their creation, they give their finished code to their teacher who sends it through to an app store. So far, the school’s got 7 games registered that anyone around the world can play. These guys are hoping to use the skills they’ve learned here to get a great job in the future.

Some of the kid’s opinions- RYAN: With all the new technology and robots coming out, I feel like coding is going to be an important aspect in the future so I want to use it to get a job and help me make a financial balance. GEORIGIA: I’d really like to get a job doing this kind of thing one day. I think it would be a really fun experience. TYLER: I’m definitely hoping to make this work in the real world especially since I’m very interested in html and I hope to code websites as well as games cause I heard you can make quite a buck out of that!

How many people are coding in the club?

Is it easier or harder than what we’re learning?

I now understand how coding is important, and it will be a huge part of the future. And how much it is encouraged at schools, and it’s becoming part of the curriculum. I know now that anyone can do coding, and this school real helps children and has a good program.